Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dakar: In Pictures

Greetings from sunny Dakar!
I'm sorry to say that I have not yet written a post about Add Imagemy time here, but in the meantime I thought I'd put up some photos to give you an idea of what I've been up to. As you can see below, I'm having a blast!
Bons baisers du Senegal,
Naima

P.S. I'm adding a link to my friend Michelle's blog on the sideline. She travelled with me to Senegal, and I think she's posting an entry or two about our trip! Check it out!

Michelle and I were invited to attend the swear-in ceremony for Peace Corps Senegal at the U.S. Ambassador's house -- it was lovely!
Me on the coast at Les Almadies

Michelle testing the waters at Les Almadies

Ile de la Goree -- gorgeous!

Ferry to Ile de la Goree -- note its name! Hahaha.

Me on the ferry to Ile de la Goree.

Michelle a la plage!

This poubelle made me laugh.

View from the old castle, Ile de la Goree

A brand-new, American-style grocery store nearby Peace Corps headquarters. Incredible!

2 comments:

loehrke said...

Looks like a LOT of fun for the Peace Corps.....
Enjoy it. You DESERVE it!!!!

michelle said...

naima! it feels like a ages ago that we were there! was it a dream? lol